Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Enter: my muse and a long lost love

My Sister-in-Law, Amy, recently gave me a very special gift; rediscovery.  She asked me to dig out my old manual camera and use it to record the goings-on surrounding the birth of her daughter (my niece), Lola Ruth.  I had not used it since college when I took the most magical class that was all about black and white photography and development.  Over time, as with lots of my other loves, photography has fallen by the wayside in this fast pace life that eats at all time-consuming, wonderful things I once loved to do.  It is all about capturing the moment you are watching, but at the same time it is an expression. . . a point of view. . . I love how it makes you really look at every moment.  So, here is a little compilation of what I captured.  I had such great time and although some of it is a little rusty, I think you can see how much this little one is loved and just how special she is  . . . what a gift my sister-in-law and brother have given this whole family with Lola's birth--but especially me, to be able to be the one to peer into each moment through my lens.

1 comment:

Terry Magill said...

Hey Molly! Loved seeing all the photos of Lola set to that adorable music! Especially loved the photo of her straight on with some man's (Steve's?) hand next to her. Also loved the nursery photos. Next best thing to being there but I want to see her in person! Love you, Terry XXOO